If you have a website then you probably heard of ‘backlinks’. Backlinks are the most commonly used term in the world of Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
Many new website owners and blogger struggles with the term backlinks. Today in this article you are going to know What are Backlinks, Why Backlinks are important to rank your website on google, and How to get more backlinks. A backlink is easy to get and you can even watch your competitors from where they are getting their backlinks.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are the links that are coming from a website to another page of a website. Search engines like Google, Bing, etc. consider backlink as a ‘Trust Factor’ for a website. The more backlink a website has the higher the search engine ranking it gets.
A Backlink is not just link building, here are backlink related terms that you should know before creating backlinks.
- Link Juice: If a website links a page of another website then, it passes ‘Link Juice’ which helps in improving rankings and building Domain Authority. As a website owner or a blogger, you can stop Link Juice by using no-follow links.
- No-Follow Links: When a website links to a page of another website but do not want to pass any Link Juice then they use No-Follow links. By default whenever you add a link to your website it counts as a do-follow link until and unless you change it as a No-Follow Link.
- Do-Follow Link: These are the backlinks from another website that passes Link Juice.
- Low-Quality Links: These are the links that are coming from sites that the search engine does not trust like spam websites, porn websites, etc. These types of links are very bad for your websites and can even reduce your ranking.
- Linking Root Domain: This means the number of backlinks coming from the same website. It doesn’t matter if you have five backlinks from the same website, it will still count as one linked root domain.
Advantages of Backlinks
There are big advantages of creating a backlink but before I get started you have to know that, before you can create a low-quality backlink and your website will get ranked but now after so many updates that Google makes every year. Nowadays you have to make good quality backlinks, and not even good quality but relevant also.
For example: If you have a website about beauty products and you are making links from an automobile website then that backlink will be of no use.
By making backlinks, your ranking will improve and ultimately you will get more visitors to your website or a blog. If you want to increase traffic on your website then I will suggest you read this:
1. Improves Ranking
Having more backlinks search engines will start trusting your website as other websites are linking you back. As search engine trust builds, you start ranking higher and higher on google.
There are many other factors that improve ranking but backlink is one of the top priorities on search engines list for ranking. The higher the quantity of the backlink of your site is the higher you get ranked.
2. Faster Indexing
Getting more backlinks will definitely get you indexed quickly, as when a website links you back then the search engine crawler can crawl your website hoping that the website you get a backlink from is already indexed, that’s why we said earlier it’s important to make good quality backlink.
Without making any backlink, it will become very hard to get indexed on any search engine especially for a new website.
How to Get Backlinks?
Now that we have covered what is ‘Backlink’ &Advantaged of backlink. It’s time to know where you can get backlinks for your website.
One thing to remember is that the quantity of the backlink does not matter, the quality of the backlink matters. So, without any delay let’s see what are ways you can get the backlink.
1. Write Good Quality Blogs
This is the simplest and easiest way to get a link, if you write a good quality article then people will more than happy to link you back on their site. The key is to think like a reader before writing a blog, write what you like to read in the article that you are writing.
Some great ways to write good quality blogs:
- Focus on the problem, write a blog that helps the reader to solve a problem.
- Make unique blogs, do your keyword research before writing a blog, and try to stand out from the crowd.
- Easy to read, try to write your blog short and simple include more headings, sub-headings, and images.
Writing good quality blogs will help you in the long run as the time passes people will start trusting your blog and you will automatically get more backlinks as well as more visitors.
2. Guest Posting
Some people say that ‘Guest Posting’ is dead. This is definitely not the case, guest posting is one of the fastest ways to boost your ranking in search engines and to get higher domain authority.
But you should remember, only make a guest post for high authority websites in your industry. The guest post will be useless if you are making in the wrong industry, for example, if you are in the beauty industry and you are making a guest post for best phones then, google will think it’s Spam and your domain authority will be decreased.
Guest posting is very easy but finding good places to guest post is very hard.
I will recommend you do it manually, if you are in the makeup industry then go to google and search best blogs for makeup, after that visit their website and see if they have a guest post section, then take each website to SEMrush and see their stats like domain authority, page authority, etc. and after that if you know that the site has high authority then write a great post and send it to them.
3. Replicate your competitors’ backlinks
Your competitors have been in the industry for a long time and as you have noticed that they are ranking. So, they must have build lots of backlinks for themselves, you just need to know from where did they get their backlinks and How? After that, you can replicate them.
For knowing your competitor’s backlinks, you will need SEMRush and their keyword gap tool. You will find backlinks that your competitors have and you don’t.
I hope after reading this article you have good information about ‘Backlinks’ and why are they so important for your blog. There are countless other ways to get more backlinks but these will surely get you started, and in 3rd option when you will apply that you will find lots more ways to make backlinks.
Now it’s your turn, tell me in the comments which way you like the most to get backlinks?